As my last blog was about the ancient grain called “Quinoa” which is also known as pseudo cereal. During holidays me and my friend had a dinner on a Thai restaurant and there we had a Green Tofu Curry. After having that we tried by ourselves at home and it wasn’t bad though. The taste was a bit different what we had in the Thai Restaurant but it was amazing, i couldn’t explain the feelings but you guys can make it by yourself and enjoy gluten-free, vegan food. I want to share the magic recipes to prepare a delicious tofu curry and you can add your personal favorites veges, ingredients.
- Cuisine: Thai green Tofu curry
- keyword: Dairy free, egg free, gluten-free, healthy, vegan
- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 4 People
- Calories: 212 kcal
- 1 cup jasmine brown rice (depends on your preference)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 table spoon coconut oil
- 225 g tofu cubed size, (your choice)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 4 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tbsp soy/tamari sauce
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 onion
- 1/8th pumpkin
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 handful of kale
- 6 drops lime essential oil optional
- lime wedges
- First you need to rinse jasmine rice, you can use other rices such as basmati, parboiled, Vietnamese rice and so on. then add to a pot with boiling water, pour the boil water and rice in a container, After that cover with the lid, then turn down the heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- When cooked, fluff with a fork then re-cover and rest for 5 minutes until curry is done.
- Meanwhile, add coconut oil to a large wok on high heat, add tofu, and stir fry for 5 minutes until the color becomes golden brown and looks crunchy.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, soy, coconut sugar and salt, and heat until oil appears on the top.
- Now add the veges from hard to soft. Onion, pumpkin, and carrot first for 4-5 minutes, then eggplant and broccoli, then finally kale just briefly at the end til it’s wilted but still a bright vibrant green. Turn off the heat, then add the lime essential oil if desired and stir through.
- Serve immediately in bowls with brown rice, lime wedges, and sliced chilli or powder on top if you want a hot curry.
you might want to make it in a different way or wish to add other ingredients such as:
- You can use any vegetables in this curry, for example Cauliflower, potato, peas, beans, broccoli, spinach etc all work well – whatever is in season and that is organic.
- You can also substitute out the tofu for either tempeh (Indonesian soy product, fermented soybeans ) or chickpeas, both are delicious.
- some people prefer soy free, you can use chickpeas instead of tofu.
- For making it grain free, Use cauliflower rice instead of brown jasmine rice.
I’ve made this curry relatively mild (family friendly), but if you prefer extra spice, feel free to go heavier on the chilli!. May be you can add sauce, tamarind paste whatever suits you….
I hope through this food recipes blog you will give it a try and able to prepare a delicious dinner.